SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hatch/boot rattles something fierce. Is there a way to tighten it up so it doesnt rattle so much?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
davidlytle said:
My hatch/boot rattles something fierce. Is there a way to tighten it up so it doesnt rattle so much?
Mine is doing the same thing (my 89 16V 3-door hatchback). One of the rubber 'buffers' fitted mid-way down the edge of each side of the hatch is broken so I think that's partly the cause, but the latch is probably also worn and could well be a bit out of adjustment now.

The other thing is that the hatches are VERY heavy compared to the boot/trunk on 2SN's and 4SN's (like my 81 turbo 4-door sedan), so with all that glass and metal it doesn't take much to make it absorb and react to movement and vibrations induced by driving.

Additionally, the hinged false floor vibrates heaps and I'm looking at ways to stick some pieces of rubber (probably salvaged windscreen rubber off one of the c900's I'm stripping will do) down under the back edge of the false floor so the latch for that doesn't have any play when closed.

Does this help at all?

Craig.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does thanks for the advise. Also my struts are shot but I think I will take everything out of the back under the false floor and give it a test to see what rattles. I think the latch needs adjusting
thanks

·
4,637 Posts
You should be able to adjust the striker plate in the floor. You should also be able to adjust the latch tongue in the bottom of the door. Be careful when adjusting that so that you can still open it. More adjustment is to be had from inside the boot lock housing.

I saw one C900 where all of the boot floor mounting points had been duck taped to reduce vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts