SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
It sounds to me like what you are missing is the two stereo removing tools you need to get it out. It's held in with spring clips either side, on the front either side there are two little holes about 1.5 inches apart. The stereo tools push into these and release the spring clips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
saabnc said:
Seren, let me know how that goes... I need to do the same.
Ditto. I recently suffered from a case of Ipod-rage,:nono;, and ahhh, broke the cup holder ;oops: Super Glue works well, but one can still see were it cracked.
BTW, how much did the Cupholder cost you on Ebay?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant take out the freakin radio!!!! I spent 2 hours needlessly today trying but it just didnt work...then I tried to take out the whole dash panel but the center of it wouldnt budge so I stopped before I broke anything...errrrr SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

I used pieces from a wire hanger as Finn suggested and I did feel the "buttons" but the radio didnt budge when I tried every which way to get it out :evil:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Buy the removal keys from an audio store, they will cost $5 max. Push the keys into the holes and you will feel them click, lever them outwards slightly (this will compress the retaining tabs) and pull.....2 minutes max. :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
The coat hanger did work for me. Funnily enough an audio guy suggested it. And you don't even have to shape them. They are four SEPARATE clip locks. What you do is cut off a long enough piece of the coat hanger, stick your fingers into the casette player and gently pull it towards you. Then stick the piece of wire into the clip locks one by one, you'll feel them releasing. If necessary, give it the odd wriggle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
make sure you know the code before you take it out, otherwise it wont work when you put it back in........unless you are upgrading then dont worry about it

·
Registered
610 Posts
robzsaab said:
make sure you know the code before you take it out, otherwise it wont work when you put it back in
Actually, since the stereo is married to the car, you can pull it out as much as you want, and as long as you put it back in the same car, you wont have a problem. No code required.

Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts