SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Automated Climate Control Panel Button Kit (part# 12781996) to replace the peeling buttons on my 2005 9-3 climate panel. Replacing the buttons look a bit more complicated; I tried popping one out gently and they are really in the panel.

Can anyone share any instructions/video on how to replace those buttons? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just did this. After fighting for a while I realized the climate control unit sides forward. You can then remove the factory tape on the edge and remove the trim that covers the edge of the buttons. At this point the buttons kinda tip out. There is a clip our 2, (depending on the size of the button), on the bottom. I used a small electronics screwdriver to UN clip it and tip then out. The new ones snap right in. Hope this helps.

Keith

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't actually replaced the buttons, but I did just remove the ACC unit and replaced the trim outer trim.

this is a good video explaining how to remove the unit from the dash. http://youtu.be/Bs3xDaMnQ9w

once the unit is out you can carefully remove the out trim so you can gain access to the buttons.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I recently purchased the Automated Climate Control Panel Button Kit (part# 12781996) to replace the peeling buttons on my 2005 9-3 climate panel. Replacing the buttons look a bit more complicated; I tried popping one out gently and they are really in the panel.

Can anyone share any instructions/video on how to replace those buttons? Thanks.
Curious where you purchased and how much the kit is, i would like to do the same. Doing some initial searching, i found the buttons to be very expensive.

·
Registered
461 Posts

Curious where you purchased and how much the kit is, i would like to do the same. Doing some initial searching, i found the buttons to be very expensive.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
They are insanely expensive.....for now I use a fine tip Sharpie marker and carefully reblacken the white areas where the rubber has fallen off. Its not perfect, but surprisingly doesn't look too half assed.

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts