SaabCentral Forums banner

How to replace ticket clip on A-pillar trim?

688 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Mimmi 
#1 ·
I broke the ticket clip on my car while cleaning the windshield.

While I never use it, it's cool to have (and looks neat through polarized sunglasses).

I got a couple of A-pillar trim with clip from the junkyard, but neither trim piece matches exactly my interior (they came from various years, none being 2003).

I figure the ticket clip has to come out somehow, but I can't figure out how to release it. Push down? Pull up? Which end?

WIS is quiet on the subject. But clip can obviously be replaced, it has its own part number in EPC.

Line Font Auto part Parallel Line art

See less See more
#3 ·
Actually you can place ticket holder to both A-pillar trim panels. They both have retainer for it.

BTW: Only ng9-3 CV ticket holder is available as new from ORIO, it will fit perfect. P/N: 12841543.

#4 ·
I swapped one over on my 9-5 recently. After the A-pillar trim was off the car, I just pushed down on the part that was inside the pillar trim and pushed it straight out. It came out fairly easily. I thought the original was warped, but it turns out that my last windshield was installed with so much adhesive that it keeps the clip from pushing against the glass.

#5 ·
Well, I tried pushing and pulling. I will try again on one of the spare junkyard pillar trims.

I also read with alarm WIS's comments on clip straps and energy absorbing bits somewhere there.

I agree the trim comes off the pillar easily.:cool:

#6 ·
I wonder if they added more stuff in that area on the later models? On my 2000 and 2001, there's nothing behind the A-pillar trim but sheet metal. I've taken off the trim pieces quite a few times for various reasons. I thought it was interesting that the A-pillar trim was completely redesigned on the Dame Ednas, but I have no idea what the benefit is. If I remember right, some of the more complex curves at the top became part of the A-pillar trim instead of the headliner.

#8 ·
Also for future reference, the same clip is used on many Volvos of the same era. They tend to be easier to find in the junkyard than 9-5s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.