SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak in my wiper fluid resevior (ie. fill it up one day, its empty again by tommorrow and the wiper fluid resevior light is back on). I can see the leak on the ground in the mornings.

Question: How do I get access to the wiper fluid resevoir. Looks like I will need to remove the front passenger side quater panel to actually see the resevoir. How hard is it to remover the quater panel? Couple of bolts? Or more involved? Then I was thinking of locating the source of the leak (presumably a whole somewhere) and epoxying it so that it doesn't leak anymore. Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I had/have the same problem. ive fixed it a few time, basically what happened to me was a hose had popped off so as soon as i would fill it it would all leak out right away. All you do is take off the passenger side wheel and fender liner. There are some screws and nuts, 5 min tops to take it off, and then you get clear access to the the washer fluid tank. im sure the hose is off, its an easy fix, i just havent bothered to do it again. I think the best way to secure it after you hook it back up is get a small zip tie and ziptie the hose to the little plastic piece it fits onto, i should have done that the first time but hey you learn from your mistakes.

GL

Imran

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This is a commong problem do a search. You don't need to remove the quater panel, just remove the fender lining(the plastic stuff on the inside). You will see the reservoir on your right. It is held by two bolts on the bottom. They are like 10cm tubes which are connected to the reservoir, and bolted to the frame using 10mm nuts. Undo those. THen wiggle it out of there(PITA). Usually the prroblem is a crack next to one of these mounting tubes. I repaired mine, held up for a year. Then I filled it up with washer fluid. In two weeks I got a leak. I probably will get a new tank instead of repairing this one next time...:(

Klim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hmm, I used epoxy to fix it and it still leaks. I bought a plastic tank repair kit for my expansion reservoir, but decided not to fix it this way. Maybe Ill try this tank repair it on the wahser tank...

Klim

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The key to repair the washer fluid reservoir is to repair in situ. If you remove it to repair, chances are when you reinstall you will introduce enough movement between the steel rods going through the tank it will leak again.

Find out where it leaks. Most likely it is between where the steel rods penetrate the plastic bottle. Drain it completely. Allow it to air dry. Clean the outside between the rod and the bottle. Mix copious amount of two parts epoxy and patch it. Allow one day to dry. Simple as that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts