Here's your hang-up . . . The rear pillars have a top tab that goes behind the headliner.
1. Take the cap off the seat belt using a screwdriver to pry it off. Yes, the screwdriver is a prying tool.
2. Use a socket wrench to unscrew the rear belts.
3. I think there are 2 other screws holding the window mechanism.
4. Now to the headliner, take the caps off the rear attachment points and unscrew.
5. Easily lower the rear of the headliner and now you can get the pillars out.
The pillars may have to be slightly twisted, because they do not come straight out.