SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about the black and chrome handles you pull to open the doors, I'm talking about the interior-color-matching, bar-like handles you pull to close the door from the inside. My front ones are wearing out, and the rubbery covering is spilt open and slowly crumbling off. I have bought replacements from the dealer, and it seems like this should be a simple matter of unscrewing the torx screws at the top and bottom of each handle, but I have done that, and I can't pull them out of the door. Looking at the replacements, it does not look like there should be any more to it, but I am starting to worry I have to remove the whole door panel. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, you DO have to take the door panels off.:x

There are some thin, metal, washer-type objects that lock down on the door handle and hold the interior door panel firmly together with the door handle when it's all in place. These have to be broken off with a flat-head screwdriver.

If I had known ahead of time that these parts would be sacrificed in order to replace the door handles, I would have ordered them, but it's not totally necessary to repalce them. Now the door panel gives a little bit when pushed in near the door handle, but it's not that bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts