SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I posted a thread a while back on P1312, P0334,P3440 codes here and got a response back that it was DIC, and spark plug change. I was able to get that fixed with a Saab special mechanic a while back. But then he had charged me $420 for everything. Now my friend who has a SAAB 2003 9-5 has the same issue. This time around i know the problem, and i know the fix (based on experience, and your guidance). I can get the DIC for $224, but i dont know how to disconnect the DIC from the connector plug. Can somebody direct me or give instruction on how to disconnect the DIC

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Assists the catch by pushing it equally with something flat from one end. If you try from the main tab, it might break as the plastic gets brittle with age and exposure to heat.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Once installed, allow some time for the oil in the DIC to drain down before you start the car. (not per the video)

I believe you will damage the dic if the oil is not where its suppose to be.

·
Registered
199 Posts
And if you still need added help...feel free to come back and post here. That connection is a bit tricky and you did the right thing by not forcing it. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts