SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to read the date codes on the SID and ACC? I'd like to see if the ones I come across at junkyards are ever newer than the car. The codes don't seem to be nearly as easy to read as the DIC codes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This SID (old 9-3) is either July 6th or June 7th 2018 depending on which date format they use. But "1J13" on an ACC panel - beyond guessing 2013 I wouldn't know.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The date code could also be 2007/June/18.
I'm thinking it's this. I came across one that has a date code of 10032. I could see it being made in 2010, possible on March 2nd, or maybe the other numbers refer to weeks like the DIC's date code. It would be interesting to see how the manufacturers have changed over the years, too. All of the 9-5 SIDs I've seen in person were made by Autoliv, but I've seen a label from one made by Nokia, and one from Actia Nordic.

The ACC date codes are even stranger. They're an alphanumeric code, like 1F26. I was doing some swapping of ACC components yesterday so I'd have the ACC display that works the best in the housing that has the least worn buttons. I couldn't make heads or tails of the date format, and strangely enough there were huge differences in the circuit boards over the years. I have a couple that are just packed with electronic components, and some that look pretty sparse in comparison.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Darn. That SID looks fresh out of the box. I suppose it was manufactured in 2007 but installed very recently. Actually I just sold it to a buyer in Finland. He hasn't paid yet so I have been able to message him about the date change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts