SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
ECU Tune. Or, replace the Garrett turbo and lines with those from an Aero (Mitsubishi TD04HL-15T) then get a tune.
BSR, Nordic, JZW, V-Tuner (Vermont Tuning), Noobtune, Maptun, Brew City Boost, and Tuning by MPS are all well respected tuners.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get an Aero. It's that simple. I bought one for $1,400.US. Another $150 in tax, another $900 for new tires and the usual maintenance; brakes, new tires, oil change. SAABs are cheap on the used market. People are scared of them. They aren't made anymore and the company went out of business - "they must have made bad cars". We know better. I have three SAABS. A Linear, Arc and the Aero. I juggle registration and insurance between the three. Right now I'm driving the Aero and the wife drives the Arc. My Aero is bone stock and in 40+ years of driving muscle cars and hot rods, it's so fast that I'm afraid that I'll get in trouble. The faster it goes, the faster it wants to go. Coming back from New York on Thursday, on the New Jersey Turnpike with the wife, who was asleep in the passenger seat, after a couple cars nearly hit us, swerving around and failing to maintain lane and speed, I got pissed off and decided to put some distance between us and them. 105mph, smooth as silk. It just wanted to go faster. Sweet Jesus this car is fast! Adios a-holes! I felt embarrassed coming up on the next pack of cars like a meteor and slowed down. Aeros have big brakes too. See, but that's the thing. Your Linear can have the 250 + horsepower of an Aero but you should upgrade the brakes to the larger rotors and hardware of the Aero / Arc brakes. You'll have the power and will want to use it. Being able to stop will keep you safer. In the words of a famous Hollywood stuntman; "my job is not to take risks but to eliminate risks".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts