SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to install an aftermarket amp to the existing radio, the 7 speakers setup, to at lease power properly my 6x9 that i've put in. This optic fiber thing and poor audio is driving me nuts!

Also, I've read here that 4 ohms 6.5 speakers plugged in the 2 ohms AMP1 could damage the amp but I just called a professional and he told me that only a higher ohms amp plugged with lower ohms speakers can damage the amp and that i can use my 4 ohms speakers safely.
Whats up with that?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Also, I've read here that 4 ohms 6.5 speakers plugged in the 2 ohms AMP1 could damage the amp but I just called a professional and he told me that only a higher ohms amp plugged with lower ohms speakers can damage the amp and that i can use my 4 ohms speakers safely.
Whats up with that?
4ohm speakers plugged into a 2ohm amp will give half the volume of 2ohm speakers, so it would make it a bit of a non-improvement as I'm guessing you want to increase bass, not reduce it's volume.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried 2ohm Infinity Reference 6032si and the bass was really awful. I've put back on my 4ohm clarion 3 ways 350w I bought first before knowing the complexity saab's sound system and i'm happy with the bass now. But apart having less power to the speakers, can it be harmful to the expensive AMP1?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts