SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these from Genuinesaab: http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_45&products_id=806

They never answer their emails regarding how to install it. I also did a search on these forums without any results.

I don't know how to install this thing. It comes with 2x short screws and 2x self locking nuts.

First there are no holes in the car for these, so obviously you are using a drill set to punch in holes, but what size? And where exactly? Is there anything I should be worried to avoid hitting with the driller?

Another question is how am I supposed to tighten the nut from the outside of the car, the screws seams too short for that? There is no way of doing that (in my noobish mind)...

Is there a easier way of doing that, I really would like to install this to protect my carpet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
On my 2010 it's all carpeting where the dead pedal would sit. That means I would attach the pedal to the carpeting. Drill the holes small enough so the bolts can barely push through. use the washer on the backside and voila. It should hold them just fine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 2010 it's all carpeting where the dead pedal would sit. That means I would attach the pedal to the carpeting. Drill the holes small enough so the bolts can barely push through. use the washer on the backside and voila. It should hold them just fine.
Great tip! Thanks.

Any special instrutions in how to pull that side carpet?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
give them a call, they are usually good about giving instructions over the phone

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got mine from Ultimate Pedals. I drilled holes in the appropriate locations, based on where the pedal sat. Make them a little smaller than the screws. I used self-tapping screws. The ones you have won't do it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i used a drywall anchor to secure mine. i couldn't find a way to get behind the carpet to use the bolt and locking nut.
there is an inch or two of foam behind the carpet so you don't have to worry about hitting anything important

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Isn't it supposed to be mounted to the actual steel floor, not the flimsy carpet? You go through the carpet and then the wheel well with the bolts, then silicone the nuts and threads under the car in the wheel well to prevent rust.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've had mine for about 4 years. Screwed into the carpet. No problems. I don't have the genuine Saab one though. Mine was a custom one from a group buy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
there's no way the bolts supplied are long enough to go through the carpet, foam and then the sheet metal.
the dead pedal is there more to protect the carpet and for looks than anything.
it doesn't need to be bolted to the body or anything that secure.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
there's no way the bolts supplied are long enough to go through the carpet, foam and then the sheet metal.
the dead pedal is there more to protect the carpet and for looks than anything.
it doesn't need to be bolted to the body or anything that secure.
My bad, the problem with me is I probably would use it for what it's meant for. A place to rest my big ole size 12. I'd rather it be bolted to something more secure. But that's me, I'm rough on things. ;-)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jOb dOne

Just got a pair of self tapping screws @ Ace and it worked fine, thanks for all the help!

Screws:

Finished:

I also got my new license plate:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just got a pair of self tapping screws @ Ace and it worked fine, thanks for all the help!

Have the same dead pedal -- waiting to be installed. May I ask the exact size (how long) of the self-tapping screws... Thanks in advance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts