SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the help

Thank you to the original poster of this thread. I had the steering lock malfunction error message come up this last weekend. I was able to install the new ISM with relative ease thanks to the step by step instructions. It was a tremendous help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took out the ISM and cleaned the contacts. Before I was getting the steering lock malfunction and now I'm getting key not accepted. I know it's suppose to be plug and play but is there a trick to relearning the keys maybe? I've tried to leave it in for 30 seconds or so but no change.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I just bought a nonruner saab 93 1.8T. First time i've wanted the car for parts but after I see it I'm thinking to make it a runner. The problem, car was stud for 2-3 years ( previous owner had the non star issue and didn't bothered to fix it ) . The simptome are:
With original battery car is dead so I took my battery and connect to this car.
Key fob looks horrible but I said to have a try.
So I insert the key first thing no lock/unlock sounds , dint work to lock and unlock the car, steering is locked and I can't unlocked.
I turn the key to ON , no clicks when you turn they but dash get lights ( central lock still not working) aircon is working gauges /clocks working lights working but SID IS DEAD and radio same.
Turn the key to st/ignition nothing'S happening.
From where should I start to see what's wrong : fuses, ism, cim , security system ? Thanks
I also bought a non runner and have about the same issues. Did you figure it out?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great post - thanks. Just to clarify - no programming needed when changing out the switch? My mechanic is suggesting $400 for the module and programming.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
This is a great post - thanks. Just to clarify - no programming needed when changing out the switch? My mechanic is suggesting $400 for the module and programming.
Absolutely the ISM is Plug and Play. No programming needed. The CIM on the other hand if needed will require programming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. So just so I understand, the key turning in the module closes the circuit mechanically and the fob communicates with the CIM that then allows current to flow? My CIM is fine BTW. The key fob is sticking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ism

Absolutely the ISM is Plug and Play. No programming needed. The CIM on the other hand if needed will require programming.
do these instructions apply to the 2003 9-3 se convertable?I noticed the convertable has a different part number.Same part number as the 2000-2008 9-5

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,148 Posts
Remain skeptical remain broken. You're right. we don't know wtf we're talking about.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts