SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I best run a wire from the floor console to the top of the dash close to where the AC sun sensor is located?

I am asking as I recently installed a Parrot CK3300 handsfree kit. This kit is different from other Parrot kits in that it has a built-in GPS, and towards that small GPS-antenna which is attached to the main Parrrot unit with a wire.

I first installed this antenna right between the keyhole and the gear stick as I could easily run the wire to there. However, I am getting really bad GPS coverage from this position. I would like to move the antenna to a better location for example close to the top-side of the dash close to where the AC sun sensor is located. That position seems to have the best line of sight towards the sky.

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'd run it along the base of the windshield to the left and down into the fuse box at the end of the dash, then below the dash to the center console, and then out wherever you need it, may need to remove the climate controls/CD player/ashtray for access. I have the wires for my Sirius sat radio tuner exiting between the CD player and the trim around the center console. It works fine and they aren't pinched.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dumped the coiled wire that came with my GPS and got a long, thin and flat USB cord. I ran it from the center consol, under the seat, down by the door, then up near the hood lever, up towards the fuse box (actually in and out of the box to hold the wire) and then up to the dash. Its nice because I have no wires floating around over the stereo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts