SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to hook up my amp kit to the battery and I cannot for the life of me find a place to feed my 4 guage power cable through the firewall. Ive seen posts about behind the glovebox. I dont really know where exactly this is, cause I have a LHD 98' 9000 CSE which does not have a glove box. I assume its in the same place, but Im not sure anyways. I tried looking above the gas pedal in that area for a hole but I cant find anything, unless theres something Im missing. Any advice? I checked all through the search history but nothing came up that helped me to find a hole although there definitely were numerous topics about it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just look around for any wiring harnesses and follow them down. On my 91, there is a place up and to the left of the brake pedal. It may be different on yours. You have to be looking as though you're trying to see the sky through the dash. It's a nice big hole where two wire bundles go through from the dash held in place by a big rubber stop. I had to use that for my boost gauge. I suggest, when/if you find it, running a piece of stiff wire through, (your 4 gauge, don't know how stiff, but my boost hose was curling up) so you can find where it comes out under the hood. It'll be below the main fuses and the batt. Or at least on mine it was.

Good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a 1995 9000 aero and i actually hooked up my sytem last night and it was very simple like everything else with our cars ,just have to stop look and think for an hour and then do the 15 min job:cheesy:

above your gas,brake pedals should be a rubber plug probably 5'' in diameter you just pop it out take a big drill and drill a whole through the middle then feed you power wire through it an hook it up to the battery:p

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
MURZYN said:
i have a 1995 9000 aero and i actually hooked up my sytem last night and it was very simple like everything else with our cars ,just have to stop look and think for an hour and then do the 15 min job:cheesy:

above your gas,brake pedals should be a rubber plug probably 5'' in diameter you just pop it out take a big drill and drill a whole through the middle then feed you power wire through it an hook it up to the battery:p
that's the one :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts