SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Saab 9-5. I had one fob key and I lost it at Joann Fabric. I had to send my family home on an Uber while I scavenge for one key I had. Its gone.

Can someone tell me what my options are? Should I buy an uncut Saab key and hire a locksmith to cut it? Could the buttons get reprogrammed to the current computer without the old key in any possible way?? Please help me and others like me with as many options as possible. I'd REALLY like to avoid buying a whole new computer module and key for $1,900.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
If you have lost your only key, you need a TWICE and key that's programmedf to it. Assuming the key that comes with the TWICE is the all in one with the buttons in the head, you can order a couple of keys cut to your car and move the button module to your new cut key. This lets you turn the ignition cylinder.

Then you need a Tech II tool to program the TWICE to your car.

You really want to find your missing key!

Used TWICE/key combos are a few hundred bucks, since the cars are being parted out these days. The new key blade will be eighty or a huyndred or whatever the various Saab parts suppliers charge. Then you need to find someone with a Tech II to do the programming, after the TWICE has been swapped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! I will look into this after work! Any other ideas are welcome! There seems to be a lot of people whom have lost their only key!

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
There is no other idea.
As Ed said, you need TWICE with (at least) 1 paired key (IMMO chip) and TECH2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts