SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have '89 900spg and the dashboard has few big cracks and i see that few more little ones are on their way to expand. How do you fix them, if there's any way, and what should i do to prevent future cracks?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Lol I have been battling with the same problem. I went to a junk yard and found a dash that only has a couple small cracks. So I replaced my really bad dash with this new(er) one. So yesterday I went to pepboys and talked to one of the guys to ask what he would recommend. LOL he suggested I get that under body paint as it will fill in the craks and is a rubber based paint so it should stick pretty well. Well I painted it yesterday and it looks terrible. im so glad I did it on a shot dash and not a good one. So I can tell you what not to use. My friend however advised me of a vinyl repair using a sort of epoxy to fill in the cracks and repaint with this special vinyl paint. he says it works well. So I woke up this morning and checked the paint on the dash and its till super wet. So when it finally drys ill have to sand it down or use some paint thinner and get it off that way. and try a different process. I will keep posting my progress on different products.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Basicaly you have three optopns.

Option one, the easiest and cheapest is this http://eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=7352

Option two is the most labor intensive and unconventional, Remove the old dash and bring it to a place that sprays epoxy two part bed liners for trucks, tell them you want a thin coat on the dash.

Optoin three, the most expensive, Replace the dash with a new OEM. In a couple of years this, too will crack.

I did option one several years ago.

·
Registered
891 Posts
No, but I can get pics At first it really bothered me that you could see the seam on the front where the pad covered, and also the space between the top of the glove box and the top of the dash looked different, but I got used to it. It did fit quite well and looks a lot better than cracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, that looks perfect( the cover) i hope you can post pics.
I actually have another small problem. There's gap between the rubber for the isolation around the back window and the window. Do you know how i can fill that?

·
Registered
891 Posts
c.cane said:
Thanks for the advice, that looks perfect( the cover) i hope you can post pics.
I actually have another small problem. There's gap between the rubber for the isolation around the back window and the window. Do you know how i can fill that?
Can you post a picture? Is it a gasket problem, is the gasket worn or torn? is the gasket comming off? I just cannot picture the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts