SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about as green As It Gets using a tech in conjunction with a laptop I have yet to do it. I am trying to go in and delete the security system as opposed to replacing the batteries. Is that the SPs programming feature. And can anyone point me to a video or a specific thread that might help me figure out how to get started. When I hook the tech up to the laptop under SPS mode can't seem to get it going keep saying there's an error. I followed the thread on how to set up the laptop with the tis2000 global to the letter and I'm pretty sure everything's there I think I'm just screwing up. Thank you any help is appreciated. Think I might need to take a few computer classes either that or have a few stiff drinks and just use the force .Luke I'm your father. Thanks fellas .

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
What car (model/year)?

I don't think SPS is what you need anyway. SPS lets you update the software on a module, typically ECU, TCU, ACC (those are what I see for a 9-5). If it's possible to disable security, you'd need to go to the correct "Adjustment" menu under diagnostics.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 and 2001 93 we verts. I'd like to be able to program the lights on both warm both of them have 3 inch downpipe so I'd like to be able to take the O2 sensors out and even get to the point where I could tune them I've got to do some serious studying on this because I just don't know much your help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
SPS just updates modules with official Saab software. You're going to have to go to T7 Suite, I think, to do what you want to do.

Which version of Saab software are you using? The 148.000 version can hang the Tech II when you try to use SPS, unless you use pass-through mode.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to go to diagnostics and turn off the running lights under dice I think and under did turn off service alarm message .can you delete the o2s without a hack.i know it uses the cat temp to decide when to go closed loop so im not sure but figure where there's a will there is a way isn't that us in a nutshell.Saab guys.lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts