SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got hot enough this week for me to turn on the AC. When I'm about to reach my destination I usually turn the AC off and let the fan run to dry off any condensation in the vents. This year though when I let the fan run the smell coming out of the vents is really bad :x :cry:. Anybody dealt with this before?

·
Super Moderator
8,922 Posts
it's bacterial growth(not good for your respiratory system)on the evaporator/vents..need to spray ac cleaner into the cabin fan..

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Might be a good idea to change your cabin air filter as well. They are relatively cheap and very easy to change.
A BIG +1 on this!

Any other treatment will fail until you remove the offending material that is lodged in the disposable filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a common complaint with many OEMs. One countermeasure that is being designed into vehicles with Auto A/C is that the initial blast of air is directed down towards the footwell, then adjusts to the face setting after 2-3 seconds. This redirects that initial odor away from the occupant. I manually did this with my old WRX and definitely helped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts