SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So I am wondering how nasty I can make my 95 9000 turbo on a budget. and how many horses I can get out of her.

What are the most cost efficent ways to make her ridiculously fast and dangerous?

1: LPT to FPT

2: Exhaust?

3: New Turbo Downpipe?

4: New Turbo?

R

·
0 Posts
Well, ECU first for the biggest change.

Then all else in course. Simple stuff works wonders (new hoses etc) on these cars plus changing anything to do with the turbo charging.

In British money; £500 ish for the ECU, dump valve and actuator about £100 each, hoses - pennies, induction kit around £300 and full exhaust with race cat about £600.

But definitely do the ECU first. Kit should contain the APC system.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well, for starters you could break some raw eggs in the cabin. Followed by some mud all over the car. That would be pretty nasty :lol: :cheesy: jkjk
Just get a stage upgrade kit and a 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Assuming you have the 170bhp 2.3t then:

Stage 1 = 235bhp /290ftlbs (APC Solenoid, ECU upgrade and airfilter)

Stage 3 = ECU + APC Solenoid + Airfilter + 3" exhaust all the way including sports cat = about 250bhp and a hefty 300ftlbs. (you can get a kit for this)

Stage 1 is amazing value - depends on your budget.
Keeping the original turbo with the big exhaust means you'll have extremely low lag too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
959K said:
Hello all! So I am wondering how nasty I can make my 95 9000 turbo on a budget. and how many horses I can get out of her.

What are the most cost efficent ways to make her ridiculously fast and dangerous?

1: LPT to FPT

2: Exhaust?

3: New Turbo Downpipe?

4: New Turbo?

Look here and drool :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts