SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, SO I am always trying to decide if I want to do this or not... anyone who has called some places up please let me know, what were you quoted to have them take out your stock springs and fit in the lowering springs.

I had 5 hours quoted at $375.. sound about right? This is from the local mechanic who used to be a master saab tech for X years... so I know I can trust him, but that seems expensive to me.

plus 200-300 for the springs.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think that sounds about a $100 too high. I had an indy quote me $250 for the install. I figured that's not too bad. Although if you had the correct tools...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
nice to see the install times are coming back down to reality .. when I was thinking about doing this, I was getting quotes of 8-10 hours.. it would have cost me 2x as much to do the install vs. the cost of the hardware. sheesh.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's too much to pay. I paid $175. Just make sure they have female torx sockets (e-torx). 93t should know.

·
Registered
545 Posts
808AeroWR said:
That's too much to pay. I paid $175. Just make sure they have female torx sockets (e-torx). 93t should know.
Not really necesarry, you can use a regular (hex) socket on the torx bolts, just make sure its a tight fit.

I have seen that the SS comes with both 13mm hex bolts and Torx bolts on the strut towers under the hood, my car had 13mm hex bolts.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it a good idea to lower a modern car? You'd think that it not only makes the ride more uncomfortable, but also worsens the handling as today's cars are so well tuned from the factory.

·
Registered
545 Posts
dz said:
Is it a good idea to lower a modern car? You'd think that it not only makes the ride more uncomfortable, but also worsens the handling as today's cars are so well tuned from the factory.

:D :cheesy: :lol: Apparently you havnt been driving a lowered car!

Sure, new cars are well tuned from the factory, but its still fact that they build the cars with a mixture of comfort and handling, maybe 60% comfort and 40% handling..

By lowering your car you will alter those numbers to approx, 40%comfort and 60% handling depending on what kind of kit you choose.

Its all a matter of physics, if you get the center of gravity closer to the ground the car will also be more stable on the road. Simple facts!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had actually quoted 2 different shops and one was $160 and the other was $200. It should be around $40-$50 a corner. Any more than that is a rip off.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, so I just called that SAME shop and actually got Eric (the tech I knew) this time.. he stated it would prob onle be 3 to 3.5 hours at $75... (min= 225 max = 262). This is much better than previous but still not on the level of you guys... how are you guys doing it so quickly/cheap???

think $260 max is worth it? plus lets say 250 for springs... 510 total.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Guys, is this for the springs only, or is this for the Vector/Aero sports suspension? Including ASBs & bushings ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts