SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2010 Aero and I have this train horn kit http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=shocker-228vx-train-horn-kit

Tank and compressor are fine in the trunk. I had the horns mounted inside my rear bumper on my last two cars. Since the Aero has dual exhaust I cant fit a single horn back there. My only option is the front bumper. From what I could see with a flashlight, it looked promising, but the horns take up quite a bit of room.

My next question is how hard is it to pull the front bumper? My last two cars could be pulled off in 15 minutes. Anything special needed besides a screw driver, torx bits, or sockets?

I know people will ask why would I want it on my car. Well it's my car and my money :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are the sizes of the horns

B4 12.75 in (323.85 mm), B3 14.75 in (374.65 mm), B2 16.25 in (412.75 mm), B1 19.5 in (495.3 mm)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sorry there isn't enough room for you to annoy people :nono;

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Wish you were in my area. I would annoy you :) I will find a way to mount them.
i'm sure everyone will think highly of you and you won't get in trouble for breaking any noise laws... :roll:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have the same kit , will never ever fit in the front bumper you can try but it wont fit.

@Wilkenson; So everyone should put their stock DP with cat to not break any law and put their stock exhaust back on too to stay within the DB noise law too i guess. Your comment make sense , real sense ;ol;

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have the same kit , will never ever fit in the front bumper you can try but it wont fit.

@Wilkenson; So everyone should put their stock DP with cat to not break any law and put their stock exhaust back on too to stay within the DB noise law too i guess. Your comment make sense , real sense ;ol;
That's a silly argument considering Train Horns are around 110 decibles if not more.....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm sure everyone will think highly of you and you won't get in trouble for breaking any noise laws... :roll:
I've had them on for two years and never had an issue. They have not only saved my *** from several accidents, but I also prevented other people from merging onto other cars. Don;t act like you're all high and mighty. I asked a question. If you don't know the answer then don't reply.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Where did you mount your horns? My wife's 08 would be perfect where the 2nd muffler would go, but I don't want them on her car. I looked pretty good under the car, but anywhere I could mount they would stick pretty far down. My Fusion had a lot of room in the rear bumper, so I was able to fit them in there and point them at the ground.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I would love to have trains horns. Keep us posted.
BTW As long as you don't use it unnecessarily - including attaching it to the car alarm - I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would buy the chrome horns and mount them on the roof, or better yet, the doors... ;ol;
The chrome horns are junk and sound like crap. They are not tuned to sound like train horns.

I would love to have trains horns. Keep us posted.
BTW As long as you don't use it unnecessarily - including attaching it to the car alarm - I don't see a problem.
I use a 2 gallon tank so I only get about 4-5 seconds of honk time which would make them useless for an alarm. Mine would be installed so the system is only armed when the key is in the ignition, and the master toggle switch is on.

If it weren't 100 outside I would tear off the bumper to see what i'm working with.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's a silly argument considering Train Horns are around 110 decibles if not more.....
It aint silly, train horn , you use them for 1 second when you need them or to have fun. Exhaust you hear it everyday , like my neighbor with his fartcan that goes up and down the street 1343X time a day.....

Wich is the most annoying....thanks you:roll:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It aint silly, train horn , you use them for 1 second when you need them or to have fun. Exhaust you hear it everyday , like my neighbor with his fartcan that goes up and down the street 1343X time a day.....

yeah except my exhaust doesn't sound **** and isn't loud as ****. comparing an exhaust on a sport sedan to ****ing TRAIN HORNS that are loud as **** makes no sense. :nono;

and an exhaust like you are describing is in the same boat as the train horn.

if you are ONLY going to use it when you HAVE TO i.e. to avoid an accident, that is one thing (but it will probably just scare someone more than get them to think better), but how often do you see that happen? Where I live a bunch of stupid *** kids in jacked up pickup trucks drive around blasting them at old people.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The chrome horns are junk and sound like crap. They are not tuned to sound like train horns.
I respectfully disagree, I can't think of anything much classier than this. Although I think the horns need to be on the roof.....or the doors...

In all seriousness, I bet there is room under the battery on the 4cyl. You probably won't find enough room behind the bumper.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I respectfully disagree, I can't think of anything much classier than this. Although I think the horns need to be on the roof.....or the doors...

In all seriousness, I bet there is room under the battery on the 4cyl. You probably won't find enough room behind the bumper.
chrome rims... classy... does not compute

·
Registered
262 Posts

I think that the average pedestrian would disagree with you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts