SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to sell my takeoffs after putting on the new ones. I want to be fair but not give them away. 2 wheels are 9+ and 2 are condition 8. Excellent balance with no vibration at any speed.

Thanks
Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
These are 16’s right? There probably won’t be anybody interested in shipping them, your best bet is probably to sell them locally.

I got 80$ for a set of aluminum 17’s from the scrapper, so that’s where I would start.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The fair price is whatever you can get for them. Sure you knew that, ha.

I just sold four 16" SAAB OEM wheels in pretty good condition for $100 the set.
I formerly used them as snow tire wheels but 10 years ago I moved to Arizona and they became irrelevant. Tried to sell them every couple fo years for $250 and got nowhere as except for snow tire wheels who wants 16" wheels?

And as mentioned it almost has to be a local sale as the shipping could be as much as the wheels. in the for sale listing I would tout them as perfect snow tire wheels. To someone with snow tires they pay for themselves as opposed to paying for demounting and mounting and balancing them each year.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
You see a lot of variation on CL for wheels and wheels with tires. Much of he value depends on the tire condition. I've seen people ask $500-$600 for good wheels and relatively fresh tires (I don't think they ever get it) and I've seen them go for $100 with reasonable tires or just rims. Personally, tires are a negative for me since I just need to pay to dispose of them and it makes it harder to check the rims.

After watching that market for a few years, I'd say that rims actually sell when priced at $50 each / $200 for a set. You can get $75 on a really good day or for 17" rims. With tires that are good (not "hey, they still pass inspection"), maybe $300-$400 for a set.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a set of 4 wheels I am looking to sell and was wondering the same. They are the stock oem 16" with all seasons.. I had them posted for $350 but not bite... I guess these dont have much value...

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
I got a set of 4 wheels I am looking to sell and was wondering the same. They are the stock oem 16" with all seasons.. I had them posted for $350 but not bite... I guess these dont have much value...
I can't really think of any car where the stock 16" wheels have much value at all. Your best bet for a buyer is somebody looking to build a set of snow tires/wheels or somebody who needs a replacement wheel (usually just wants 1 or 2 though).

Heck, even the super economy cars these days are coming with 17" wheels. 16" is tiny in this day and age.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts

Which wheels how good are the tires, etc? Where are you located (might want to add your location and vehicle info to your display profile)?

See my previous post. If the tires are good enough that someone would want to keep them for a few years, you can probably eventually get $300. If you want to sell them "now!" to clear them out, price them at $100 or $150.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rims value

I had four OEM rims stolen from my back patio for my 92 900. The police want me to put a value on them and also if it may be worth it to claim on home owners policy . Any input here will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I would say $60-$100 unless they are the asymmetric 3-spokes, then maybe double that. IME the stock 24 (?) spoke wheels end up as scrap, $10ea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts