SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many feet of what size vacuume hoses would I need to replace all the old rotty ones? I'd rather get the hoses locally...

1986 900 SPG.

~Josh

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I brought 10 metres of 3mm I/D silicone hose, thats plenty to do a C900 plus you have a few metres left over....;)

HTH Paul

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
10 meters = 32.808399 feet

Thats a lot of hose. :eek: I used about 10 ft to replace the majority of mine, but I was doing mainly the ones on the engine and going to the boost gauge. If you are really going to replace ALL of the hoses you might need the 10 meters. Have fun with that. :D

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Vacuum hose diagram?

Some time ago I had a lose hose, that I didn't know where it belonged. The engine changed its "attitude" when I pinched it, so I figured it was somewhat important. Of course, I couldn't figure out where to plug it, nor find a diagram of use in the manual. Eventually it got connected when Tibor did the head gasket, and of course, now it's obvious.

At the time I did look for a diagram and found nothing. Is there one available? I would like to change the vacuum hoses (among many other things) and I'd like to be thorough... which may be complicated for a mechanically challenged person like me without some guidance or reference.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
There is no diagram. There is a guide here . It is for a UK LPT so there will be a few differences. It would be wise to only replace one hose at a time, instead of pulling them all out and then trying to figure out where they should go. ;) .

I used about 6.5m to do mine. I ordered 9m so I have plenty spare, which is useful. But my car is an LPT as well, so again there will be some differences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts