SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the specifications i found, the difference between the turbo 9000 hatchback, and the 9000 S hatchback, a STOCK 9000 turbo is probably running 5-6 psi of boost. Is this correct? if not, what is the stock boost setting? Im not real sure about how these cars are set up, but i know on most turbo cars, you can just get a boost controller, and raise the boost level. Is this possible without the ECU swap? either way, whats the highest PSI that stock internals could SAFELY take? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
hi and welcome to saab central, the 2.3 turbo runs 1 bar boost stock and in my experiance there doesnt seem to be a set level of boost before the ecu hits fuel cut so you will just have to fit you boost controller and play

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I'm running 2 bar with external mods only on 203000 mile old motor making 340hp. However I reduced boost to 1.6 to drop the torque and give the front tyres abit of help in mantaining grip....from 447 to 401 lb.ft. ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Base boost is around 6.5 psi, this is the "safe" boost level the ECU reverts to if there is a problem in the system. Normal operating boost is 1 bar (about 14.7 psi). And Marrk is running 2 bars (30psi) :eek: , so the engine can take it but it would be advisable to use high boost levels for short periods of time, like the overboost feature in the 9-5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts