SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Model is 2.3 LPT M98 SE.

For my first full tank of petrol, mostly mixed urban and A-road driving, fairly aggressive acceleration etc, I'm getting around 28~29 MPG according to the SID and got just over 400 miles for a full tank of petrol (around 52 quid).

A bit lessthan my Toyota before (£43 = 430 miles), but for a big car this is not bad at all. :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Sounds good to me, I get about 23-25 on average :roll:

G

·
Guys dont forget the US and UK gallons are different.. (Yeah ours are damned expensive :evil: ) I always get confused, somebody post a conversion. :D

Interestingly mine has gone up since the warmer weather has arrived and I have also had a re-map. Up to 26.5mpg, and that covers all driving styles and roads, but mostly quickly ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 us gal = 0.833 uk gal

1 us gal = 3.785 Litre

1 uk gal = 4.546 litre

1 uk gal = 1.201 us gal

1 Litre = 0.264 us gal

1 Litre = 0.22 uk gal

Any conversions you want, goto Google and write in what you want to convert to and from example:- us gal uk gal.
if it dosn't come up with a straight conversion, it will give a site that will do conversions for you.

HTH
Pete

·
Registered
203 Posts
To answer Katsura in uk gallons.

Mine’s a 3.0 petrol V6 1999 SE.

21 – 22 when im’e enjoying myself. (on my own).:D

24 – 26 to & from work or general bumming around.:)

28 – 30 On a decent run. (with swmbo).:(

Up to 32 when on a booze cruise. (with swmbo).:(

My SIDs very accurate (=/- 0.5 MPG).

With ACC on I lose 2 MPG @ constant 60 MPH.

When using optimax I get 2 MPG more.

Pete

·
Registered
418 Posts
2000 Aero, 5 speed:

Cruising at highway speed, 75-80 mph - 28-29 mpg (US gal)

Local traffic (rarely in excess of 35 mph) -- 22 mpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
26.8 MPG at the moment. Fast highway driving, 120 miles/day. (by fast I mean anywhere between 75 and 85 mph).

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I get 20 MPG and that's almost no highway driving, all suburban and slow mostly with brief stints of 4 mpg . I get 35 MPG cruising at 65 in the slow lane, but only 30 if I bump it up to 80 or so.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Raven18940 said:
but only 30 if I bump it up to 80 or so.
This is strange, I have read such figures before too :confused:

I set the cruise to 75 mph when i went on holiday and averaged over 41 mpg (300 mile trip) :eek:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, everyone's figures seem to fall in line, average lower to higher 20's, depends on driving condition and style.

It'll take me a little get used to not getting over 400 miles on a full tank of petrol after graduated from a Toyota, but at least it's more fun :D. I may have to reconsider my driving style.

mushdaffer: Do you have difficulty getting your care insured after modification? Most insurers state the car must be UK spec not modified? What do you fill up? £65 is totally expensive - are you using 97 or 99 rated petrol like Optimax? It cost me about £53 in Manchester to run 95 fuel (83.9p)

To GONE FISHING: What's swmbo? I wonder if using Optimax actually makes a saving to offset the higher price?

G

·
Katsura said:
I wonder if using Optimax actually makes a saving to offset the higher price?
I belive this is the case. Certainly in my modded machine, I get slightly better mpg, the cars performance is considerably better and the engine sounds happier, got to be worth a couple of pennies on a litre.. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Katsura said:
To GONE FISHING: What's swmbo?
She Who Must Be Obeyed :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am driving a 3ltr V6 and have notice a slight improvement when filling her up with BP Optimax. I am getting between 27 - 30 MPG irrespective of driving style. The downside os that it is costing me over £60 to fill the tank.

Question - I would expect that driving in sports mode would effect consumption but i am curious as to how much difference this really makes. I seem to spend most of my driving life in sports mode.

Can this damage the engine?

·
Registered
85 Posts
mushdaffer: Do you have difficulty getting your care insured after modification? Most insurers state the car must be UK spec not modified? What do you fill up? £65 is totally expensive - are you using 97 or 99 rated petrol like Optimax? It cost me about £53 in Manchester to run 95 fuel (83.9p
I use Optimax all the time. You should use higher grade if engine upgraded although i would use on standard engine in any regard.

No problem getting it insured. Just up for renewal now actually. adrian flux £800 fully comp (8 yrs no claims). Others like direct line and tesco have quoted me £1200.

Chris

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
This is strange, I have read such figures before too :confused:

I set the cruise to 75 mph when i went on holiday and averaged over 41 mpg (300 mile trip) :eek:
First that's US gallons remember, and also the highways in Northeastern America are pretty congested. It's not just going 80 as opposed to 65, my driving has to get a lot more aggressive. Plus my car is bone stock, can't put my new filter on til I can the intercooler pipe I ordered.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2002 9-5 ARC V6. I always use Sport mode and around 95% driving is highway driving to work and back about 60 miles a day. I checked my milage and it's around 23mpg, that's cruising at 80 to 85 mph and a heavy foot when merging on the highway.

Peter

1 - 20 of 48 Posts