SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My name is jasper - new on this page - and living in sweden.
In april this year i bought a new car MY 89 OG 900 T16 2 door saloon.What i didn't know,was that this modell never have been sold in sweden :eek: Doing some reseach i manage to find out that my car is born jan 28 1988 as one of the very first - and this was one of the 83 (79 went to UK/GB) cars there was made that year.The rest went to sweden and one of them have past away.The fact is (for me) that there is only 3 of these cars left in sweden as MY 89.

My quistion is:
1 - Is there anyone who know anything about them or how many OG 900 T16 2dr saloon there was made ?? As far i've been told non should have been build after MY 1990 ??

2 - anyone who have one ??

Best regards

Jasper

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Welcome to SaabCentral!

A 2-door T16 is a rare car indeed.

They did not make them in North American either. As far as I know, Asian and UK only.

:D

pictures....yayaya

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Dans_t16s said:
That looks _just_ like the G-reg bodykitted red 2dr T16S I sat alongside-ahead-behind for about 5-10 miles on the A40 heading into London on Sunday morning.

It had a "For Sale" sheet in the window, no price, but said it'd been "previously owned by a Saab mechanic".

·
Registered
888 Posts
That looks _just_ like the G-reg bodykitted red 2dr T16S I sat alongside-ahead-behind for about 5-10 miles on the A40 heading into London on Sunday morning.

It had a "For Sale" sheet in the window, no price, but said it'd been "previously owned by a Saab mechanic".
Don't suppose you noted the phone number? (PM me if you did).

This one I sold to a gent in Yorkshire about 8 months ago.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yes, welcome! and the notchback (as well call them) is an awesome car! People in the States have been known to go a fair length to get their hands on them. I thnk we only got them in 85 and 86 here, as non turbo S models, right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
woywitka said:
Welcome to SaabCentral!

A 2-door T16 is a rare car indeed.

They did not make them in North American either. As far as I know, Asian and UK only.

:D

pictures....yayaya

Picture will be aranged late today,when i'm off work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man,this a great site :p

And so many nice 2 door T16 also,but......hope that i dosn't offend some people here now spec from UK.
The "thing" that i'm looking for isn't the 2 door T16 from the UK,because they are "written" in saab's history-book as a speciel edition.What i'm looking for is information about 2 door T16 with the steeringwheel on the left side

After done some lot of reseach about my car,this is what i know so far.
"Born" jan.28th 1988 in finland as MY 1989.This is very early for a MY 1989 and the VIN confirm that also.(see pict)
In that year there were 83 cars made - 4 of those went to sweden.This is the last time that 2 door T16 ever goes there( if there been before that,i don't know either).One of these 4 car's is dead and 3 are left.There are people in sweden that says mine proberly is the very last one,doing to the VIN again - but this is a thing that i haven't been able to confirm.......

What i don't know is what did saab use this car for - i do not have any info. from the time of "birth" and until september 7th 1990 when it's reg.first time at the swedish roadoffice.
I have paper's in the car that tell's in dec 20th 1990 it goes to saab interndepartment/stab in nyköping.There it stay all until jan 1994.
In jan 18th 1994 it get's the first "real owner" - a guy in halmstad bought it and pay swe kr 65.000.By that time it have done 58.141 km on the road (also have the contract from that time in the paper)
In jan 14th 2000 he sold the car to his cusin,who later sell it to his littlebrother in aug 30th 2004.In april 6th 2007 it end up in my possion after not been driven in almost 2 years caused damage to the cylinderhead.I bought it very cheap corsed the damage,but wasn't aware about the history with saab's 2 door T16 at that time ;oops:

I manage to find the first owner and after talking to him i know that the air cond. in the car is mounted by "him" when he bought it :p not factory equipted as i tought.

Otherwise it's equipted with:

Electric windows/mirrows
Cruise control (it also works :eek: )
ABS
Trailer hook
Rims on the picture
7th primary gearbox.

What i would like to know is if anyone have any information about 2 door T16 with the steeringwheel on the left side.Most from MY 1984 to 1988 if possible because this i can't find any information at all :evil:

//
Jasper

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matthew said:
1. There are volume figures for the 2dr 900s on a thread somewhere, but the search function blows up when I try to find them :roll: I think it's less than 500 though.

2. I had one :cool:

Still miss that car!

Boy - what a beauty :eek:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
YS3........000004!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts