SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a 9-5. My family members are biiiiig Saab people so it seems the logical choice.

The 9-5 Listing i'm most interested in is a 2001, SE V-6. My only problem is that is has a little over 130,000 miles on it... so my question to you all is,

When do you say "oh thats too many miles." when it comes to a Saab? I know that Saabs are known for longevity, but 130k i'm nervous about..

any thoughts?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
You can gain a lot of confidence from a detailed service history, essential cam belt changes on the V6 must have been done.

130k isnt that much depending on the life and care it has had.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
You can gain a lot of confidence from a detailed service history, essential cam belt changes on the V6 must have been done.

130k isnt that much depending on the life and care it has had.
I called the dealer and there are no service records to go along with it... I may bring my mechanic friend with me to come check it out but i am very concerned regarding the mileage.

Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Unless the price is sufficiently low that you can afford to spend $2000+ in maintenance and repairs post-purchase, I'd keep shopping for a car with a service history.

·
Registered
350 Posts
makingwaves said:
I called the dealer and there are no service records to go along with it... I may bring my mechanic friend with me to come check it out but i am very concerned regarding the mileage.

Thanks for your advice!

Yeah it should've been done at 120,000 or every 60,000 I believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.