SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 900 16v non-turbo. It takes about 3 cranks to start. I define three cranks as: whirr whirr whirr broooom (pretty technical huh?:D ). I have owned an '89 turbo that used to start on the 1st or 2nd crank every time (just a tap of the key).
What is the deal here? Is it normal for my year/type of car to take 3 cranks to start. Are there other cars out there that take three cranks and it is just accepted?

If there is something wrong I would like to fix it. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Matt

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, both pumps were replaced by the previous owner a couple of years ago. Is the check valve part of the pump, or is it in the engine compartment?

I was also going to throw a new set of NGK's in to see if that would make a difference.

I want to get that Click...Brooommm thing going on with my car, if I can. :cheesy:

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other thing that I left out, is that it seems to start better if I push down on the throttle a little when cranking.

Do the people in the "Click...Boom" category have to touch the gas pedal when starting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.