SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the figures as to how many 9-3 SS, SC anniversary editions were made? Let me know what you think. I'm trying to see how rare these cars may be. I'm also interested in the numbers for all 9-3s in any year.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Good question.

I thought my ice blue 60th ann. SC would be unique. Much to my surprise the clone of my car pulled into the parking lot at my work this morning. :(
At least it was just a visitor.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Google search found no results. Only one older article said "Saab has not yet annouced how many of this edition will be released".

Need to email Saab USA.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aspen said:
Good question.

I thought my ice blue 60th ann. SC would be unique. Much to my surprise the clone of my car pulled into the parking lot at my work this morning. :(
At least it was just a visitor.
Although the pilot of the group, I think they're pretty unique. I have yet to see one in my city (pop. 5 million+) I have, however, only seen 2 other sport combis on the road and about a dozen at the dealerships. That's a pretty good sign for us combimaniacs. I got the SC so I wouldn't have to confuse my car with the next guy/gal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nopama said:
When I bought mine the dealership had 24 07 9-3 . 18 of them were 60th ann
This figure seems a bit high, but I bet they all sold first. Around my city, they couldn't keep the anniversaries on their lots long (which didn't help much with the early stages of my dealings).

·
Registered
9 Posts
hubersaab.com they still have quite a few. 7 out 9 left are 60th ann ,when I got my car it was 08-02 they had 24.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
First of all, Saab doesn't make many cars in comparison to other companies. Toyota sells more camry's every five days than Saab sells cars all year. I would guess that probably 20%-25% or more are 60th Anniversary. Saab's really are unique vehicles compared to Hondas, Kias, toyotas, etc.

http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/about/pr_070103.jsp

The army of Toyotas:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18286221/

Toyota sells 2.5 million cars every quarter.

You don't have to worry about there ever being a "million" other Saab 60th Anniversary models.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks DanS. I see the link shows some figures I've been looking for. Especially this one:

"Saab sold a total of 36,349 vehicles in the United States, making it again the largest single market for Saab worldwide."

It seems that SAAB is becoming a little more popular in the US. I think there's some truth to sensible products catching on in the US. Just look at the figures in Spain, Canada, and, of course, Europe whose countries have seen the benefits of the "wagon" or eurowagon in comparison to the soon to be dinosaur huge-*** SUVs of the world. Even the 9-7 doesn't seem to do very well for sales and it's my guess that SAAB will one day rid of the model altogether for a more cross-over vehicle or no SUV at all. Of course, they may follow the trends of the world and create more GMcentric cars. One can really only speculate at this point.

As for the previous comment on the overabundance of 60th anniversaries on their dealer's lots, I've yet to see more than 2 or 3. Were you referring to the 9-3 Sedan or the Sport Combi? I'm guessing the 9-3 Sedan because every 9-3 SC 60ths in the Philly area have been snatched up. Including mine by ME! Sweet!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ran into an acquintence of mine, who is an MD. He had (almost) exact same 9-3SS 2.0T anniversary as mine. The only difference was he had a sunroof. Same dealer too.

Very interesting to note that he had the adhesive residue from the protective body covers. They had delivered mine to me the same way.

·
Registered
110 Posts
in the UK a few months ago - most branches had 5 or more but they are getting rarer by the day
I purchased the last one from a dealer yesterday, but also noticed my local dealer who had 0 a few weeks ago now has 5 - but sold two of them on sunday

i see a lot of them around - the spoiler on the back seems to be the main giveaway

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep.

The rear spoiler does indicate an anniversary edition. I noticed that all five of the dealerships I worked with had cars sent in from neighboring dealerships for their customers to view or buy. That's probably why one day there were 0 and the next, there were 5 anniv. edit.

Does anyone know if there's a commission or kickback shared for this type of situation? It seems like some kind of arrangement must be made between dealerships.

·
Registered
110 Posts
talking to one dealer he said they have a load in central stock so when you look on the website for your dealer you get whatever is in local stock and central stock

But I have not seen them move around and been looking since july07 now ...

it may be the same group moing them about

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Through the airwaves...

I've heard folks around here say the exact same thing. They said that SAAB had started sending their fleet over without the anniversary rims because they "ran out" (?). However, I thought they were supposed to be avail on some of the 08 models. IMO, most SAAB rims are pretty sweet, except for anything below 17".

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like my double bridge 17's.

Just wondering why all the Saabusa.com pictures had the anniversary wheels, but all the 60th anniv cars at my dealer had the double bridge wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
nopama said:
hubersaab.com they still have quite a few. 7 out 9 left are 60th ann ,when I got my car it was 08-02 they had 24.
My 60th annv. came from Huber Saab. I made a purchase the last week in September and there were no anniversary editions in Minnesota that my dealer could locate. I really like the anniversary package so my dealer did a search and found only one card in a 500 mile radius that had all the options I wanted. They did a trade with Huber and I got my shine new Silver 93 :lol:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
There is a place that has a ton of anniversary models for cheap prices. Just check out the link below and click on the Saab logo. They are a Saab dealer in Chicago. The Aeros are cheap and the regular 9-3's ain't bad either.

Looking at their inventory gives me the impression Saab put out a lot of anniversary models. "Alot" for Saab is still substantially less than any other car maker pumps out.

www.luxurymotors.com

The anniversary package looks like a good value. I don't think the cars will be "collectors items". The 17" rims are ugly, but the spoiler, fog light addition is nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts