SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm on my seventh Saab I can't help but wonder how other Saab owners are feeling about the state of the company. I haven't heard any recent news so correct me if I'm behind in events, but last I heard GM was blamed for bankruptcy and China bailing?

Are owners of used Saabs and classic Saabs staying loyal to the brand? Are new owners in any trouble with their warranties or servicing?

I continue to stick with my Saabs. I love their versatility, power, quirkiness, safety and long list of standard features.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
GM took over Saab when they were sinking

Some good times and some bad.

Economy starts a slide all over and Saab along with Pontiac are history.

Antonov slips a brown bag of cash to Muller who tries to get into EIB funding.

Muller keeps prices high and Saab fails.

Just my perspective and that of a Lithuanian and Latvian bank who Antonov allegedly swiped the funds from to buy Saab. Muller's ownership was questionable?

The only thing "quirky" about my last Saabs were stupid things like the AC light on when the unit is off. :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I heard, GM refused to sell Saab to the Chinese because it would allow them access to any technology patents that were used on the Saab.

Basically, GM let Saab die because they are ****ing pricks.

Its like pulling your grandmother off the life support because she knows you wet your bed when you were 6 and you don't want your girlfriend to find out.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Yes, new owners are mildly screwed as of right now. Warranties should be picked back up and parts will begin being made again soon.

As for me...I wanted to stay loyal, but I don't think I can now. I wanted another Saab because I could get something newer for less money, but I think I may be going to the dark side after my 9-5 is paid off....

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,287 Posts
As I'm on my seventh Saab I can't help but wonder how other Saab owners are feeling about the state of the company. I haven't heard any recent news so correct me if I'm behind in events, but last I heard GM was blamed for bankruptcy and China bailing?

Are owners of used Saabs and classic Saabs staying loyal to the brand? Are new owners in any trouble with their warranties or servicing?

I continue to stick with my Saabs. I love their versatility, power, quirkiness, safety and long list of standard features.
I'm going to keep mine until it's not worth keeping anymore. Meaning the body/frame is beyond repair. I will buy used 9-5s' and maybe a 9000 if their in good shape, but as the years go by, that is going to be more and more of a rarity.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I heard, GM refused to sell Saab to the Chinese because it would allow them access to any technology patents that were used on the Saab.

Basically, GM let Saab die because they are ****ing pricks.

Its like pulling your grandmother off the life support because she knows you wet your bed when you were 6 and you don't want your girlfriend to find out.
See, I heard the very same thing from a buddy of mine that drives a new 9-3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts