SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the later fuel pump (similar to that used on the 9000 I believe) with the two right-angled plastic connectors which "plug" into the top of the pump.

One of the connectors has cracked where the black plastic fuel line fits on to it, rendering it and the car a no-go situation.

Once I get a new connector, I will be faced with fitting the plastic fuel line to the new connector. It appears to be a very, very tight fit, and considering it is handling fuel at high pressure, that is not a surprise.

Are there any fuel experts that can tell me how I can fit that stiff black plastic hose on to the nipple of the new connector?

I'd love to think I could just soften it with hot water, but I suspect it is not quite so simple as that.

Any help and advice appreciated. :D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
oh man ... that is one really hard job to tackle ...

it`s IMPOSIBLE to soften the black plastic fuel line ... no way you will succeed, sorry. Been there, done that ...

Either you need that special tool that will strongly hold the line while not squeezing it and then smack in the angled connector ...

OR take new connector and file down those >>> teeth making it more easy to push onto the black plastic ... befor thet take some 5-6 cm of some clear tube or rubber fuel tube (autoparts/hardware store) and push onto the black plastic, connect black plastic with the new connector and pull over the connection that thicker rubber hose. Get 2 jubille clamps around that to keep together your new joint.

I did that myself as I didn`t take the fuel line off the car, so it was impossible to put that line in the vice or athrewise get a good grip ...

Might be worth looking into geting proper tool or make one yourself ... there were people sharing their designs aroud here ... just search forums

God luck, it`s not a piece I would like to return again on my car ...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your help. I've now got a solid starting point, which is a lot more than I had last night after the connector snapped off on my fingers. I'm glad it did anyway - there was a very slight drip coming from the end of the hose, and I'd thought it might just be the hose leaking, but when I pressed slightly on the connector nipple it just broke right off, so better the car is not going for the moment than being a ticking time bomb.

I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts