SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK... Started getting some oil on the floor 3 weeks ago... not a ton...just a little..
decided to investigate...
ok... leaking a tad from by the head/timing cover... but not much... very faint...
but the pan is soaked... so I shine my light up.. and the back of the motor is covered... 1st thought is.... SHI&%$
pulled the "2.3l turbo" cover off the top.. and I find the culprit..

What would cause this to blow off?.. it actually broke the nipple off that attaches it to the Valve cover(presumeably inside the valve cover some where)or is there no other piece and it just "blew off" and needs pushed back in?

1 should I immediately pull the cover to look for that piece or is it no big deal?
2 i know it will leak... but is it ok to drive it without that attached?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Either excessive crank case pressure due to worn pistons or faulty 1 way valve on the narrower pipe to the TB or your PCV system has a blockage. I assume you have the latest PCV system retrofitted?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Either excessive crank case pressure due to worn pistons or faulty 1 way valve on the narrower pipe to the TB or your PCV system has a blockage. I assume you have the latest PCV system retrofitted?
yes..most recent PCV system upgrade...

Ill check the "check valve".. I have another one just in case...

worn pistons?... god I hope not...lol
Wouldn't I have other syptoms than just this?.. doesn't burn anything or have any other obvious issues...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is the rest of it still inside the valve cover? Also I think it will leak ALOT since your cams are in there and such. You might be able to duct tape it but i would get it replaced asap. Get a new valve cover gasket while your at it too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the rest of it still inside the valve cover? Also I think it will leak ALOT since your cams are in there and such. You might be able to duct tape it but i would get it replaced asap. Get a new valve cover gasket while your at it too.
Thought it was.... but it just "shot out"... pushed it right back in... but the nipple has a crack.. so I'll order a new one... maybe thats why it shot out..lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oooo i thought the end snapped off, sorry misread that. You might be able to repair it with some jb weld or even some super glue. Fuse it then cover it. Just make sure it cures completely before letting it anywhere near any kind of oil/gas.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oooo i thought the end snapped off, sorry misread that. You might be able to repair it with some jb weld or even some super glue. Fuse it then cover it. Just make sure it cures completely before letting it anywhere near any kind of oil/gas.
well... its just a rubber bushing that fits in a hole in the Valve cover... then the 2 way nipple "pressure fits" in the bushing... so no need for glue..

kinda worried why it shot out... hoping its the crack...lol

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
If it's just the grommet/bushing that has the crack, just replace it, they get brittle with heat and age and crack losing their ability to hold the nipple in place. Go careful you don't want it to break apart and end up inside the valve cover.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's just the grommet/bushing that has the crack, just replace it, they get brittle with heat and age and crack losing their ability to hold the nipple in place. Go careful you don't want it to break apart and end up inside the valve cover.
not the bushing thats cracked... its the plastic pcv nipple

1 - 14 of 14 Posts