SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Tuners will vary their stages according to what they offer. So its really hard to say unless you follow just one tuners list and stick to it. You can visit genuinesaab.com, maptun.com, sqr.se to see a few lists.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The only thing they all share is the higher the #, the more power (and cost)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
technically your car is always stock until u get software. Then when u get software, depending on which program and hardware are implemented, that judges what stage u r in. So i have stage 3 + hardware on my car, with stock software.. so basically thats what i consider it, although if i did get software then i would have more power and be at stage3 or 4 or whatever. Sometimes u get a custom tune, and then it is again judged by which hardware u have on the car

·
Registered
642 Posts
the stages are definately setup up to go with the ECU manufacturers reccomendations, being as thats the hardware they used when they created the software. So there are alot of people out there with mix and match, so there are people stuck in between, I think once I get my new IC and td04 installed I'll be in between a Stage 3 and 4 somewhere(of my ECU manufacture), but that is strictly in terms of horsepower. There are many different price ranges if you buy a package, but as T5 engine management from SQR, all the stages cost the same if you are only upgrading the software. So your better off buying a higher stage and babying it a little while until you can get the hardware, rather than buying a low stage, then another stage down the road. Best bet is getting all the hardware installed, then pop in the new ECU and scare the crap out of yourself. :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
ya i just dont wanna dump sooo much money on an ecu and end up with fuel problems... or ecu problems.. like some have had... u know? also which company to go with and which local vendor :( :x :cry: :confused:

also JB i dont think the turbo makes the stage, since my car comes with one stock and such... what stage would i be or if u had a base 9-3 with the gt17 what stage woudl that make it..

·
Registered
642 Posts
or stock with a disco potato, lol. why not come up and have frank tune it when he comes to the states? Im sure he could come up with something nice, are you gonna do a specific stage or a custom.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Also I guess it depends on where you started, thinking about it - bit confusing all this, I reckon scrap the stages!

270 is doing well I reckon with no software! Wish I was at that figure!

·
Registered
642 Posts
ricot that wheel horsepower is prbably around stage 2.75 if you added a stage 4 from SQR you may start to flirt with 300 maybe or even better whats the full setup again? and how the hell are you getting up there with no software?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Let's see... Rico's car has 205 hp to start stock

+/-10 hp intercooler
+/-10 hp mbc
+/-20 hp 3"Dp
+/-10 hp exhaust
+/-10-15 hp numerous small custom things listed on his cardomain.com site.

Seems pretty doable to me...

Get my car an intercooler and 3.7 bar FPR and I'd be in the same neighborhood. Get me software too and I'd be close to 300 at the crank. I think Rico'd be closer to 310-320.

How sweet would that be!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Now that we're all dreamng of large hp numbers.... I hope to be at the upper 200's, close to 300. All I have left to do is the bigger turbo, larger I/C, crushed fpr, and ecu. That's it! :cheesy: (they're all in the works btw, with an August 9th deadline, you know why.)

·
Registered
642 Posts
lol if mines not done by then Im gonna tape pictures of what is supposed to be there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts