SaabCentral Forums banner

Was this helpful?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, how do you disconnect the bushing that connects the fuel line to the engine? I could not find a diagram with the name of it so I've included a couple pictures below to help you see what I'm talking about. This part is located on the backside of the camshaft cover/valve cover. Do I need a special tool to remove it? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish?

If you're just trying to get the fuel line/rail out of the way just disconnect it from the intake manifold and pull it out then let it flop over onto the side of the car by the hinge.

If you're trying to actually change the rail you need a special tool to disconnect those connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Procedure for disconnecting fuel line from engine

Thanks for responding TankTak. Although that is the right tool for the job, you did not answer the second part to my question - "How is this done?" I'm an idiot so explicit instructions are appreciated on this end. Sometimes the seemingly simple is not so obvious...

As I already had this tool available, I went back and figured out how to disconnect the line on my own. I've included pictures of each step below.

Cheers.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.