SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heelp!! I have a 1999 saab 9-3 5spd, just put in a new trans, slave cylinder etc. I have a mityvac that i used, but the pedal in the car still goes right to the floor and stays there, does the car have to be running to build pressure? if not what else could i do? Thanks

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Heelp!! I have a 1999 saab 9-3 5spd, just put in a new trans, slave cylinder etc. I have a mityvac that i used, but the pedal in the car still goes right to the floor and stays there, does the car have to be running to build pressure? if not what else could i do? Thanks
Did you bench bleed the slave when the tranny was out, if not you are pretty much screwed and the tranny has to come out. If you did bleed it before, then you might get lucky and bleed it out from the outside as it could be air in th eline going to the master.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I like the idea of leaving the clutch half depressed for a solid 24-48 hours. I used a mic stand to do this after having a Saab special shop replace my master cyl and then neglect to do a good job of bleeding the lines out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts