SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
I think you just pull up and they pop out. There are two plastic clamp-like devices which grab some metal rods. Been a while since I removed mine. You do not need to push the bottom toward the back to get it to unhook. Just pull straight up. It is not a smooth motion, so make sure you don't clunk your head too hard against the roof!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Okay, I didn't do this in my 9-3, but I did remove the rear seat bottom in an '07 Impala that I was renting.

Just pull up. Anywhere. The seat was just held in with some clips. The seat was made to be removed.

There's nothing more than plastic clips holding together the interior of most modern autos, I've found. Saabs especially!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know on my jetta it hinged forward, and my civic was screwed down. Then again, those 2 cars are much cheaper to fix than my saab, thats why i wanted to make sure i was doing it right

·
Registered
759 Posts
robhurlburt said:
just give it a good yank up? Do i pull from the back, front, edges?

I'll give it a go tonight
Yes according to my WIS DVD you just grab the front edge in the center of each seat position and pull up, then slide it forward and out. There are two retainer clips on the front edge of the seat under each seat position.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes. Got my WIS and EPC DVD's from a guy on Ebay login= Cannucci. He sold them separately, but allowed me to combine shipping for both DVD's. All total cost about $35.

This is an invaluable resource. Now when I call the parts counter, I just give them the part number, rather than rely on them to find the right part (which usually never happens).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts