SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the question isn't that fundamental, I can lock the door with the remote, I can lock the doors from the drivers side as I'm in the car.

If I am outside in my driveway near the 2007 9.3 SS, and I left the remote in the house, how do I lock the doors?

I can get in, close the door, hit the electric lock button, reach over my left shoulder, unlock the drivers door, get out, push the button down, close the door and now the car is locked.

Most other cars I have you push the electronic door lock, and close the door.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I believe, as you have noticed, the door lock button on the drivers door is disabled whenever the door is open. The easiest way that I've found to lock the doors under similar circumstances (remote in the house) is to lock them from the passenger side switch. The passenger door switch is not disabled when the door is open.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AaaHaa, I haven't tried that yet.
I have not had the car a week yet, and I really have not even been driving it.

Thank you so much for the reply.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Theoretically this keeps us from locking our key in the car. I could not think of when I needed to lock without the key near by ... when is this happening to you? Washing the car maybe?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When washing the car I prefer to have the doors unlocked, however, when leaving the house in another vehicle and the Saab outside, I would like to lock the doors.

I find myself in this situation quite often believe it or not.

Just the other day was the first with the Saab.
I just went out and tried the lock from the passenger door theory and it worked. Thanks.

Later tonight I'll pull the car in the garage, the keys are upstairs and it is comfroting to know the car is locked.
I don't live in a bad area, and there is nothing in the car to get stolen, I just prefer the doors locked.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Gotcha ... I guess I pretty much always have it in the garage unless it is being washed and then back into the garage as soon as possible to avoid a mishap with a bird.

Enjoy the car, I know I have.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is nice to have a place to come and ask other knowledgable people, I'm certain many more informed here than some if not most of the salesman.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Her's an idea that should work (if you have one touch closing on the windows). Wind the drivers window down with door open, close door, reach through and push the lock button (lock all doors) then hit the one touch up drivers window button - window closes and the car is locked, albeit without the alarm armed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts