SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi does anyone know how to fit cruise to a 96/97 9000 anni???
it didnt come with any ???!!!

i know id have to have the indicator stalk replaced but is there anything else ......because its a late car im assuming that most things just plug and play , and i also assume that it is electronic cruise???.so what else would i nedd?

cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have TCS its electronic if not its mechanical and you will need some parts.

1. Cruise ECU (loads on ebay)
2. Vacum pump.
3. Brake and Clutch pedal switches.
4. Actuator that pulls on the Throttle pedal.
5. Cruise stalk
6. A couple of metre's of vacum hose.
7. A load of patience and probably something ive forgotten.

I looked at doing this once and it looked like a PITA. so I didnt bother.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I fitted cruise control to my MY96 CSE in 1,5 hours. You need the following:

- indicator stalk
- pedal switch(es)
- cruise motor/ECU

Just bolt the ECU/motor to battery tray, connect the cable to throttle body, change the indicator stalk and fit the pedal switches. No need to activate the cruise control at the dealer.

Easy really,

-tom-

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Tooky said:
If you have TCS its electronic if not its mechanical and you will need some parts.

1. Cruise ECU (loads on ebay)
2. Vacum pump.
3. Brake and Clutch pedal switches.
4. Actuator that pulls on the Throttle pedal.
5. Cruise stalk
6. A couple of metre's of vacum hose.
7. A load of patience and probably something ive forgotten.

I looked at doing this once and it looked like a PITA. so I didnt bother.

this i correct for pre 95 cars but from 95 on its a stepper motor and cable control, you just fit it along with pedal switches and indicator stalk and your away

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
??? boxman what do you mean cable control????

oh dear this seems as though its gonna be a night mare:cry:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Have no fear

Boxman is refering to the cable from stepper motor/ECU to the throttle body. The cable and motor come as one piece and installing it is very easy. Install the ecu/motor to the battery tray, route the cable between firewall and engine, plug the cable cover to the cable holder (same holder holds the throttle cable) and connect the cable to the throttle. And connect the motor/ecu to the wiring harness.

Btw, I can get scans of the throttle body and ECU, it will make more sense then. just PM me if you need the scans.

Br,

-tom-

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I quite fancy cruise control too! I cant seem to track down the cable thats mentioned. There are loads of stalks on E-bay and a couple of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAAB-900-9000-cruise-control-ecu-relay-9560905_W0QQitemZ150168394428QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10416QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
Which presumably controls the whole thing!
The switches for the pedals also seem to be non existant. Where do they fit and what would they be called?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.