SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've already taken off the intake track, taken off the serpentine belt, and taken off the power steering pump all so that i can get the headers off.
then i took out all the bolts attaching the oil pan.
the oil pan is now loose and can move about 1" in every direction, but its trapped (side to side) between the tranny and lower control arm brace, and (front to back) between the oil filter mount and something else and the back.

so i can move it around a little bit but is there something else that needs to happen to get this thing out, or does it just need a little elbow grease and the right angle?

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
loosen the centre bolt on the right subframe, remove the one in front, use a crowbar to bend the front of the frame 1-2 inches, that should be sufficient to get the pan out. (i use a wooden block to keep it down while the pan is out)

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Page 2A-14,Haynes, gives details on this task, but the short-cut is, of course omitted.

Why do un-necessary work ??
Newer parts are not necessarily better, but they can be less expensive for the manufacturer..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks bsq.

earthworm, what do you mean about the unnecessary work and new parts?
and is there anymore details that you can give from the haynes manual? i dont have it for this car yet but i need to get this done before it rains for the next 4 days. :cry:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
turbo93impreza said:
thanks bsq.

earthworm, what do you mean about the unnecessary work and new parts?
and is there anymore details that you can give from the haynes manual? i dont have it for this car yet but i need to get this done before it rains for the next 4 days. :cry:
Many of the steps mentioned in Haynes are not necessary - Bsq has some nifty time/effort savers as do many others on this forum.
I am not above short cuts by any means - as long as the results are good...

Let it rain, no precipitation will hit you when you are under the car ...:cheesy:

Well, I hope you are working on concrete and have a good floor jack or two( little ones will suffice).
Elevate the car as much as possible...
And do you have air power ???
Have a willing assistant available to hand you tools and parts - this is a great time saver..
Best of luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts