SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a reasonably good day today, ive found out that the sensonic clutch may not be totally broken!!

Next problem, does anyone know how to bleed the clutch on a sensonic? Ive got a haynes manual but the sensonic isnt mentioned in there.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Is the Sensonic clutch even hydraulically actuated? I don't think you'll find anything in the Haynes about bleeding the clutch since most 900's, if not all, were factory fitted with a cable clutch. If it is in fact hydraulic, find the bleed nipple on the clutch (where it might be I do not know), and then use a vacuum style bleeder. I'd put a bit more research into this though, don't take my words for exact science. Their may be more to it then what I'm saying.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
i hope this means more to you than it does me :roll:

1] remove the battery

2]remove the clutch actuator unit's cover and check that the worm gear is in the engaged position (position E) ? :eek:
if the clutch actuator unit's worm gear is not in the engaged position, he worm gear should be rotated to the engaged position by means of a torque wrench set at 20nm

3]bleed the system like an ordernary hydrolic system (pressure bleed it)

4]connect the battery temperaraly

5]the gear lever should be it neutral. turn the ing' switch to the ON position and back to the OFF position again, wait about four seconds, the clutch actuator unit should now have moved to the engaged position (position E). repeat this procedure about 5 times to be sure that the system is properly bled.

6] remove the battery

7]apply a torque rench set to 20nm to the worm gear and turn it from the engaged position to the disengaged position and back to the engaged position again, if the system has been propery bled the worm gear should stop dead when the torque wrench is released, what ever its position

IMPORTANT
if the worm gear moves by itself to either of the end positions, this is an indication that air is present in the system. bleeding of the system must then be carried out afresh.

8]fit a new protector cover with sealant (loctite thread locking adhesive 577, part no 74 96 284) the cover must be completly water tight.

9] fit the battery

10]drive the car on test, changing gear frequently, and adapt the slip piont.

to do this

1]drive the car for atleast 4 minuits and change gear frequently. do not switch off the engine.

2]stop the car and put the gearlever in neutral.

3] wait 20 seconds with out touching the gearlever or throttle pedal

4]engage 1st gear and drive the car a few meters

5] repeat points 2-4 twice again

6] test drive the car.

dam you munki :cheesy: :cheesy: :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts