SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to see the actual tank itself, not the funnel bit that sticks out of the wing under the bonnet...

Is it just a case of jacking it up and going in from underneath?!


Please help!

It's a Saab 9000CSE...


Many Thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Believe me you do not want to remove it. It does you no good removing the bottle. Lemme guess... Is it leaking? It could simply be the hose coming off. If it turns out the bottle is cracked, repair it in place with two parts epoxy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yaofeng said:
Believe me you do not want to remove it. It does you no good removing the bottle. Lemme guess... Is it leaking? It could simply be the hose coming off. If it turns out the bottle is cracked, repair it in place with two parts epoxy.
Ya know, I don't think it is leaking now, I reckon it's purely the way in which the water runs off the front bumper making it look like a leak, when in reality it's not...

Either way, I don't want to remove it anyway, I just want to be able to see it to be sure it's not leaking...

Is it just a case of jacking it up and looking in from underneath?
 

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Aaron1204 said:
I just want to be able to see it to be sure it's not leaking...
Just put a little food dye in the reservoir and don't use the washer. Then check for leaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
screenwash reservoir

mine leaked fluid from the front bunper too.
but this seemed to be the condenser from the airco, wich is situated next and in front of the cooling radiator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Headlight washer work?

On the subject of washer bottles and stuff, does anyone's car headlight squirters actually work? My headlight wipers work, but nothing gets sprayed out. I've tried sticking a pin into the washer nozzles, and that doesn't work. Does the windscreen washer pump squirt the windscreen AND the headlights? Or is there a seperate pump for the headlights?
 

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
UK9K said:
On the subject of washer bottles and stuff, does anyone's car headlight squirters actually work? My headlight wipers work, but nothing gets sprayed out. I've tried sticking a pin into the washer nozzles, and that doesn't work. Does the windscreen washer pump squirt the windscreen AND the headlights? Or is there a seperate pump for the headlights?
Mine work, same pump. They go when you wash the windscreen. They do have tendancy to seep a bit when the reservoir is topped right up though.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top