SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a big deal, but i have the ECM2 (i think), 6 disc changer. On my screen, sometimes if i go to AUX input, it will display AUX Play on the screen, sometimes it won't. It will just stay with the list, radio, disc, etc.

Same thing happens with the radio and disk. It will sometimes show the radio station, sometimes it won't. Whats up with that? Personally i like it when i changes on the face, rather than me doing it manually. Also, how come some radio stations display the song name and artist, along with the radio station name, while some just have the callout numbers?

Also, is there anyway to have the sunroof open ALL the way with one touch, or will i have to hit it twice to get it to open all the way every time? I hit it once and goes back pretty far, then when i hit it again, it actually tucks the visor into the roof and gets an extra 2in or so of opening.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The radio stations where it shows song names are transmitting this using RDS, which the Saab radio understands. Many stations do not use RDS or use it only to show a station name. It varies by station.

I have seen the main display show the wrong thing once in a while, but usually it works. The oddest behavior I run into is when the SID shows that I am tuned to my preferred station but the radio is actually tuned to something else (a station I don't listen to.)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sbl said:
The radio stations where it shows song names are transmitting this using RDS, which the Saab radio understands. Many stations do not use RDS or use it only to show a station name. It varies by station.

I have seen the main display show the wrong thing once in a while, but usually it works. The oddest behavior I run into is when the SID shows that I am tuned to my preferred station but the radio is actually tuned to something else (a station I don't listen to.)
so only stations broadcasted in RDS will show? Will it automatically show or do i have to program it?

I too have had the sid show a different radio station that what was one

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
RDS will show automatically. I know there is a way to "freeze" the RDS display so that it doesn't scroll, but I don't think you can turn it off.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! anyone else know any answers to my small issues?

What about the sunroof, any insight on that?

Also, how come sometimes in between my speedo an "i" will pop up? Is that letting my know i have a passenger in the car?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The "i" is for information...Door open, passenger belt not fastened, light out...it's telling you to look for a light or a SID message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts