SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought 1999 saab 93 just now, and the owner said that it's se model. I checked the pink slip and it says 1999 saab BX....what is bx?
how can you tell whether it's SE or basic model?

I found out that oil leak under transmission, if it's the common problem like "before buy saab guide" is it easy to fix? If it's easy one, I will do it myself, if not, I will take it to a shop....

Please let me know.

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was wondering the same thing for my 1999 saab 9-3... the owner's manual is not just for the se, it is a more universal one for if your car is se or basic, manual or automatic.. luckily it ain't too hard to figure out if it is manual haha :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok, i checked the forum, and i found out that mine is NOT SE!!! se has automatic climate control and automatic adjust seat but mine is dial...

what should i do....i already paid and registered....ugh,,,,,,i bought it because i thought it's SE model. The rims are 16" bbs, and the exhaust is sport one so i thought it's se and the owner said that it's se.

i called him and asked him and he said the preveiws owner said it's se, and he said he doesn't really know differences between se and basic.

what is the differences between se and basic engine??? i know it's just 15hp differences...but i wanted se model....can i bring it up to 200hp??

by the way, the saab is 5 sp....

thank you

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, that's good to know.

so if i just install se turbo, then i get the same hp?
how hard to diy installing turbo?
any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
As far as I know the se has the engine setup as the viggen (intercooler & tdo4 turbo). This is what my 01 se has. 2.0 engine and not the 2.3

·
Registered
532 Posts
99 is an odd year. Regardless of S or SE trim it is most likely a 185hp b204 motor with the t25 turbo and dual pass intercooler from the ng900.

Pic's of the 16" bbs rims. Are they the RK I style rims. If so I'm jealous as I have 2 brand new ones and I've been on the hunt for two more for a while now.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NahumCC said:
99 is an odd year. Regardless of S or SE trim it is most likely a 185hp b204 motor with the t25 turbo and dual pass intercooler from the ng900.

Pic's of the 16" bbs rims. Are they the RK I style rims. If so I'm jealous as I have 2 brand new ones and I've been on the hunt for two more for a while now.
Acutally i don't know what is the name of bbs rims...but it looks really cool and i really like them. the center cap says "BBS" if you show me the picture of RK I, then i can tell you whether it's the one or not.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Sweet:cheesy: .
the pic, the boy, even the rim.

From the OP
A '99 9-3 BX ???
What is a BX ??
Via the VIN, one can know which engine is used, evidently, not the trim level...
Some may say that the OO(original owner) owes something to the purchaser...I don't know.:confused:

·
Registered
500 Posts
The only differences between the base turbo and SE model are the slightly higher boost cutoff (15.5 for base model)/(17.5 for SE), bigger wastegate on the same T25 turbo, and Viggen IC.

There should be SE badges above the fender blinkers. I also believe there's some slight interior differences but who knows.

NahumCC - Awesome picture! I need to take some of my little girl with some tools.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NahumCC said:

Thats an RK I rim. Thats also my little boy :cheesy: .
yes, this is the rim that i have. wow your daughter is cute!!
the one of the rims center cap is gone, do you think i can order it from somewhere????

·
Registered
532 Posts
gorillajin said:
yes, this is the rim that i have. wow your daughter is cute!!
the one of the rims center cap is gone, do you think i can order it from somewhere????
NahumCC said:
Thats an RK I rim. Thats also my little boy :cheesy: .
Read much ;) .

For ordering the center cap I'd checkout Nick at genuinesaab.com as he carries some of the BBS stuff. Call or send them an e-mail and they'll let you know. That rim is discontinued sadly. I'm jealous that you have a full set. I only need 2 more to be complete.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
NahumCC said:
Read much ;) .

For ordering the center cap I'd checkout Nick at genuinesaab.com as he carries some of the BBS stuff. Call or send them an e-mail and they'll let you know. That rim is discontinued sadly. I'm jealous that you have a full set. I only need 2 more to be complete.
I think Elite has 2 of them. Are yours 16" or 17"? Check with Aaron.

·
Registered
317 Posts
our '01 SE does not have automatic climate control OR memory seats.
it used to have wood dash trim until it dried out and cracked/lifted from the desert heat...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
fivepointnine
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing