SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've seen some pics of some aftermarket 20 inch alloys on an Aero and I reeeeaaaaalllllyyy want to put some on my 04 9-3 Aero Conv. My choices to order are the below but I have a few questions if anyone can help.....

Will 20's fit without other mod's? (Hope so!:D)
What size do I need to order?
What size tyres will I need?
SIZE
ET
PCD
HOLE

20X8.5
5H

20X8.5
35/45
5H

20X9.5
35/43
5H

Over to you SAAB legends!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I wouldn't go there, at all, myself. IMHO, Maybe I'm wrong but I think the ride will suffer, a lot:eek:, and it won't help performance as far as I know. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go to 18", it definitely hurt the ride quality of my Mazda6 when I went from the stock 17"s to 18"s, similiar effect for my WRX Cobb Stage III. 17" is a really good balance for performance and decent ride, the Aero is already not set up soft anyways. Chucking the OE tires for the 'Tomos (HTRZ IIIs) made a world of positive difference for my Aero's handling.

R.S.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not many have gone with 20" wheels so you aren't likely to find much help.
Agree that 17" wheels are the happy medium between comfort and performance.

To the OP, performance and ride quality will suffer a lot with 20s. But it's your car.

None of those PCDs are correct. The stock wheels use a 5x110 pattern. The 9.5" wide wheels are obviously more likely to cause rubbing issues, so I would stick to one of the 8.5" wide wheels. Is ET the offset? You want between 35-43 or so.

As far as mods to your car, I don't know of any, you are going to have to find one of the few people with wheels that size and PM them or hope they post here. And search if you haven't yet.

Tire size maybe 235/30-20 if that is even a real size. :confused:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
There is one user who shoved 20's in there.

I don't know how the roads are in Syndey, but if they are anything like North American roads, forget it - you will chatter your teeth.

If the roads are great, then I would not mind riding on 20's, eventhough they looks a bit too big for my taste.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I just put 19s on my car, (not quite 20s) ride is a little more stiff than the stock 16s I had on their, but honestly not that bad (and im old LOL) the performance increase I have is due to the width of the tires, not the size of the rims. Currently I have TSW Nogaro 19s with Nitto NeoGen 245/35 R19s

But I am saving my old rims to put on durring the winter. These new tires will go no where in the snow! :D

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts