SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm moving to Europe from North America soon and i'm considering buying yet another Saab. I know from my family who lives there that most of the people in our area drive diesels. I can see why, but please tell me how reliable are the diesel Saabs? I never seen one (for obviously reasons) so i have no idea about them, but i would prefer a saab over any other car. Also, if u'd buy one, what year and model would it be? Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
the 9-3 aero diesel we have over hear is twin turbo'd with 180 ponies from just a 1.9! i drove the 150hp non aero'd 9-3, and it went like **** off a shovel! also drove a 9-5 1.9tid with same engine which is actually really pokey low down, great for slow moving traffic. struggles a bit from 60+ though. my mum drove it aswell as we had it as a courtesy car for almost a month and she said she found it so much easier to stall than our 2.3 - i found it really easy though with all that torque you could take off in 2nd no bother with only clutch. the 3.0V6TiD 9-5 isn't particularly eco friendly i don't think, and i don't know if they make that anymore? you'd be better off with a 2.0petrol biopower! i think it was an isuzu engine if i remember correctly :eek:. after experience of the diesel i'd say the 1.9 9-3SS facelifted if your after more than enough performance at attractive prices.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mgmt585
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing