SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
I saw that one on CL yesterday. Needs a decent amount of work for the mileage and asking price. I also wondered what has been slathered onto the driver's seat to make it ridiculously shiny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crack kills!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The air intake may be worth more than the rest of the car

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm now beginning to understand why cars are advertised as 'extra clean' when they clearly aren't. They meant compared to this!

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
$5,000 strike 4

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
Another candidate for the tow truck. Description copied below in case the listing dies:

https://york.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-saab-9-3-turbo/6631091308.html

... you will be able to enjoy his shaky steering wheel that gives you the comfort of knowing his ball joint is about to fall off as you cruise down the highway! Enjoy the soothing sounds of sweet whale calls as you make turns, caused by his power steering reservoir having a crack. If you thought it couldn't get any better than this, it does! While driving Angus with the windows down (due to not having A/C), you will notice that every window, including the sunroof will go down! Every window, except the driver side, which has a broken track and will fall into the door if you try to lower it. Angus' back seat looks lovely with a blanket on it, as it will cover the big gash in the seat! While we are discussing interior, I should also mention the beautiful hand stitched leather on the driver's seat (thanks Mom!). The ceiling is also held up by beautifully colored push pins, which provide a fun view for passengers and keep your fabric from flapping all over the place! As we move to the back of Angus, I must mention the incredible size of his trunk, which I'd say is capable of holding at least 2-3 bodies, or 2 sets of skis! When you close the trunk, you might notice all of the scratches on the bumper, but do not worry, as we will call them "speed scratches" from running it over (bumper stickers included to help cover the wounds). Speaking of Angus' perfect imperfections, there are two dents on the driver's side of the hood, from where I kicked him after his battery had died on me for the third time in a row! So quirky! Additionally, Angus is an award winning car, voted best clunker of Eastern York's class of 2018! Fantastic! Alarm system is also included!...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Another candidate for the tow truck. Description copied below in case the listing dies:

... you will be able to enjoy his shaky steering wheel that gives you the comfort of knowing his ball joint is about to fall off as you cruise down the highway! Enjoy the soothing sounds of sweet whale calls as you make turns, caused by his power steering reservoir having a crack. If you thought it couldn't get any better than this, it does! While driving Angus with the windows down (due to not having A/C), you will notice that every window, including the sunroof will go down! Every window, except the driver side, which has a broken track and will fall into the door if you try to lower it. Angus' back seat looks lovely with a blanket on it, as it will cover the big gash in the seat! While we are discussing interior, I should also mention the beautiful hand stitched leather on the driver's seat (thanks Mom!). The ceiling is also held up by beautifully colored push pins, which provide a fun view for passengers and keep your fabric from flapping all over the place! As we move to the back of Angus, I must mention the incredible size of his trunk, which I'd say is capable of holding at least 2-3 bodies, or 2 sets of skis! When you close the trunk, you might notice all of the scratches on the bumper, but do not worry, as we will call them "speed scratches" from running it over (bumper stickers included to help cover the wounds). Speaking of Angus' perfect imperfections, there are two dents on the driver's side of the hood, from where I kicked him after his battery had died on me for the third time in a row! So quirky! Additionally, Angus is an award winning car, voted best clunker of Eastern York's class of 2018! Fantastic! Alarm system is also included!...
Ohh, to own a car with a hula dancer on the dash...

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Deserves a "Best of" craigslist .. make sure you vote, get a saab out there

That said the engine is supposed to be rebuilt with 50K miles, work the 1000 (but offer 500)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts