SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Saabs... and loving it so far. But - my non-A/C 900 has a very annoying refusal to blow air at outside temperatures once the engine is warm, even when the knob is set to 'cold'. Is this a generic NG900 problem, do I have a faulty heater matrix/control, or is there some other problem, with the air intake hose for the heater, perhaps?

Please help, I'm sweltering!

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Welcome to saabcentral, and in this heatwave I bet you're a sticky as a toffee.

This could be just the knob, its splines may have split, can you feel any resistance when you turn the knob? the other favourite is the heater control shaft

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI, thanks, and yes, i'm horrendously sticky. Not nice!

THe knob seems to do its job, in that there is resistance when I turn it, and when i turn the temperature up, it gets warmer, and when I turn it down, it gets cooler - but still remains warm. It's very definitely warm air that it blows, unlike my old Nissan, which in this same weather with the heater control set to cold, actually feels cool!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Take your torx screwdriver(in the car's "tool-pack"), open the glove box door and remove the console RS panels first screw..

Then remove the other console panel screws - 3 or 4 ,and the heater control will be exposed. This "toilet paper roller" is nothing but a white nylon axle with a flex joint connecting the heat control dial to the hot air door..

Saab uses a hot air door system, I believe, but this is not closing 100%..
What I have written here pertains to American Saabs, things are reversed for the English models .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts