SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dash always blowing hot air in cabin,i know its either the flap motor or a inside temp sensor,is there a way i can tell which without swapping in known good parts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
More likely it is your fan speed control. The fan speed control is mounted on the driver side of the evaporator housing (US spec.).

·
Registered
204 Posts
You could take the cover off the temp sensor and see if the fan is rotating. Mine stopped and ever since the temperature goes all over the place.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
One good thing owning three 9k's (at one time four) is I can swap parts from one car to another. The downside is I cannot always tell you why even if it worked. I am telling you from my experience with my 94 cs turbo, wife's daily ride.

At the start of the heating season last year she complained there was no heat. She can control the fan speed but there was no heat. I was busy with my auto to 5 speed conversion on the 94cde and had no time. So I simply push the rod on the flap so she gets nothing but heat. This went on until in December when I wrecked my 94cs n/a, at which time I removed the fan speed control on the 94 cs n/a to install on her 94 cs turbo.

Problem solved. The ACC went back to normal again, heat or AC. Her 94 cs turbo still has the fan speed control from my wrecked 94 cs n/a.

I can only say the fan speed control is also involved in the decision making of the flap movement together with the ACC. The details are too complicated for my simple head. I am just happy to have the AC and heat working. I'll let someone wiser to decipher what is going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts