SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part number is 75-19-697 apparently. It's the hose which runs from the right side of the valve cover to the air intake at the bottom front of the engine and which, at the middle, "Y's" to a smaller hose which runs to the throttle body and which carries anti-freeze.
I believe I've attached a file which will show the hose (2). What I need to know is should I have bought any other of the parts, like the nipple (1) or am I in for any surprises which will render the car undriveable until I get the right parts?
Thanks.
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If the part of the wye is still good, you can cut what is cracked and fix it. Parts stores have plastic nipples or brass tubing you can insert it on the ID of the hose and connect it again before clamping with a hose clamp.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
This is the PCV breather hose from the cam cover to the turbo compressor intake. This draws blowby crankcase fumes out of the crankcase when the engine is under boost pressure. The other small diameter line off the same fitting on the cam cover does the same when the engine is off boost. The little plastic valve in this small diameter line is a one way valve allowing this otherwise open PCV system to work by blocking boost pressure from travelling up this line into the intake.

The new hose you ordered, with the odd Y in it, is a combination rubber fume hose and steel internal coolant line. The internal coolant line prevents ice from forming inside the fume line in very cold weather.

The whole part should replace the old part with only new hose clamps to consider. Bear in mind that you will need to drain some coolant to allow you to fit the part at each end, the smaller diameter rubber hose part of the Y is actually a coolant line that allows coolant to flow around from the turbo end where there is a metal fitting, to the throttle end. The larger diameter part of the Y is the fume hose that fits onto the plastic nipple on the cam cover.

There are no moving parts in this circuit as the PCV system automatically switches fromboost to no boost and back again with only that little grey and white valve having any moving part.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Things are clearer now, thank you. I bought hose "2." Am I correct in assuming that part "1" can be withdrawn from my old hose and re-used in the new one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts